Series: the “why” of Zero Waste:
- PART 1: Nothing breaks down in landfills
- PART 2: Recycling isn’t the answer
- PART 3: We need to reduce our use of plastics
Series: “materials and ingredients”
- Plastics: Types #1-7 (health and environmental impacts)
- Plastics: BPA (and its alternatives)
- Plastics: What are resin codes and why do they matter?
- Plastics: Other recycling-related symbols
- Plastics: How to treat plastics
Series: thinking critically about companies and organizations
- Why (and how) to support local small businesses
- How to evaluate companies
- How (and why) to contact companies
- Why libraries are cooler than you might think
Other reader favourites:
- How does plastic get into the oceans?
- On plastic straws and ableism
- What if you don’t have a bulk/refill store near you?
- What’s more important: individual action or collective action?
- Self care: its history and importance
- Does going Zero Waste save money or cost more?
- Going Zero Waste with a reluctant partner
- Eco-anxiety: thoughts on how to cope
- There is privilege in refusal
Do you find this information useful? Please consider supporting my work.