Sharing a little low-waste snack recipe today that I just can’t get enough of: roasted chickpeas. I loooove chickpeas, and this snack is perfect for when you want something savoury and crunchy, a bit like potato chips. They’re also great for entertaining, or as a topping on salads.
You can use cooked or canned chickpeas, and if you used canned, you can actually save the liquid “aquafaba” for recipes. (Don’t believe me? Google it!)
- 1 can chickpeas (1 standard 15 oz can = about 425 mL cooked chickpeas)
- 1- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Spices to taste, such as: salt and pepper, cumin, garlic, chill powder, curry powder, etc
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Rinse and drain chickpeas.
- Use a clean towel to dry them as much as you can (this will help make them crispy!).
- Toss them with olive oil and spices in a bowl.
- Spread them out on a baking sheet or dish (make sure it has a rim so they won’t roll off!).
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until crispy and crunchy. They may be slightly chewy in the middle, which is also delicious.
Have you made these before? What are your favourite low-waste snacks?