I’ve been using @unwrappedlife shampoo and conditioner bars for a couple of weeks now and I thought it was definitely time to share my thoughts with you. I chose “The Balancer” which is meant to be calming and smoothing, although they have tons of different types. Here are my thoughts so far!
What I love:
- ✅ Canadian (Alberta) 🇨🇦
- ✅ SLS-free (they contain sodium coco sulfate, which is a gentle surfactant)
- ✅ Vegan
- ✅ Really easy to use, with a lovely scent made from essential oils
- ✅ The conditioner bar actually works! And it works beautifully.
- ✅ The bars last a very long time.
- ✅ Easy to purchase online (full range on their website and a pretty good selection on @welldotca )
- ✅ They have an unscented option: Aspen.
- ✅ The shampoo and conditioner bars are palm oil free! The company also told me that they don’t use ingredients derived from palm oil.
Things I don’t love:
- The metal tins they came with rusted in the shower. I’m not supposed to do that, ooops, so it’s 100% my fault. I’m now using the metal tins from Lush and they work well, even in the shower.
- Some bars contain silicones (not the ones I tried) and that’s an ingredient I try to stay away from.
Again, I’m very picky with ingredients but Unwrapped Life has some great things going for it.
Have you tried shampoo and conditioner bars? What types do you like?