I’ve had quite a few people ask me for a full review of @notoxlife solid dishwashing block—and rightly so! You guys are clearly paying attention! So here it is. 🙂
Things I love:
- ✅ Solid (which typically means no, or very little, packaging)
- ✅ Palm-free
- ✅ Vegan
- ✅ Unscented (I know some people do like scented products, but I personally prefer fragrance-free)
- ✅ Effective: removes grease from dishes easily and cleans very well (since it doesn’t have SLS, it doesn’t give a foamy lather that traditional dish soaps do, but that doesn’t mean it’s not working well)
- ✅ Easy to use: apply your wet brush or scrubber directly to the block, until it’s soapy, and then wash as usual.
Things I don’t love:
- Honestly I struggled to find something I didn’t love! Ours is a bit uneven and wonky looking with a hole in the middle, haha. To avoid this, you have to make sure you use it evenly.
- I wish it were local to me! It’s from the US, and thankfully not too tough to find these days at a lot of little boutiques and Zero Waste stores. You can also find it online, at @littleplasticfootprint.
So I’d absolutely recommend this vegan dishwashing block! Especially for those without refill stores near them, since solid products are so easy to get online. Since it’s unscented, it’s also great for washing baby bottles and #breastfeeding and pumping supplies.
Have you used this product? What did you think?