Recently I had a few girlfriends over for a girls’ night in–something I don’t do nearly as often I should or would like to. It’s so great to have everyone together, chat and laugh about little things, and enjoy some good food and drinks. I even made homemade sangria for the first time!
I was given this beautiful planter of adorable little succulents as a host gift by two of my friends, which has taken up residence in my kitchen beside my cookbook collection. I love it! I had actually talked myself out of buying some for my house earlier that day at a farmers’ market, which I’m pretty sure is called fate.
I love gifting. I can’t help it. And the only thing better than receiving an adorable and unexpected gift is giving one, in my opinion. I think the key to it giving something a little special that you wouldn’t necessarily buy (or make) for yourself. A bottle of wine is always great, but I do appreciate a unique or personalized touch.
Here are some of my favourite hostess gifts.
- Emily, the fabulous blogger behind Cupcakes & Cashmere, loves giving flower beautiful arrangements.
- Paddywax artisan candles always have something for everyone.
- These Happy Hour Coasters from West Elm are super cute without being super expensive.
- I’ve always loved Fruits & Passion hand soaps and lotions. They make even our little bathroom look more upscale.
- Mink Chocolate in downtown Vancouver makes the most adorable chocolate boxes, with really unique (but delicious) flavours.
What are your favourite hostess gifts?